LegacyGT.com

Lowering springs, where and what to get, Recommendations needed!

ethank

I own a 1997 subaru legacy gt 2.5, it's pretty high up for my taste so I'd like to get maybe 1-2" lowered. But i'm not too good with cars, so I'm not sure what I should do to make that happen. Should I replace the struts and springs? Or just the springs? I am very clueless when it comes to these things, especially because this is my first car. Does the size of the wheel affect how much I can lower the car?

photo.JPG.3392d7ca4e992cb50b6df17700bdd158.JPG

I own a 1997 subaru legacy gt 2.5, it's pretty high up for my taste so I'd like to get maybe 1-2" lowered. But i'm not too good with cars, so I'm not sure what I should do to make that happen. Should I replace the struts and springs? Or just the springs? I am very clueless when it comes to these things, especially because this is my first car. Does the size of the wheel affect how much I can lower the car?

[ATTACH]141224[/ATTACH]

You have a bunch of options when it comes to lowering your car. You can either get struts, springs, struts and springs, coilovers, bags, or just chop your coils (don't, really) . If you're going to get springs, get struts as well. You can use springs on stock parts, but I wouldn't.

I'd attack your wheel gap before getting new wheels, if you don't like how high it sits. Keep in mind what size of wheels you want before you go too low!

Use the search engine and type these questions into google. I'm sure you can find plenty of suspension options to fit your needs.

Archived