LegacyGT.com

Subie Newbie

Well i am new to this forum and new to Subaru. I am stepping out of a VW Jetta into a 05 Legacy GT Limited black & tan AT (I know but its my girlfiend and i daily drive so i am going to use the autostick to teach her about MT). We live in NY and have a driveway the climbs a huge hill. So the winters in the VW meant walking up the driveway. We were in the market for a AWD this time( i wasn't around for her VW mistake). We testdrove 330xi, S40awd, pathfinder & xtera, the legacy. My friend bought a legacy earlyier in the year and when i drove it i fell in love and knew this was the choice but still had to do the homework. Well i saved the legacy for the last test drive all in one day on the same twisty road. I let the wifey drive the cars cuz i know whats up already. She loved the 330 and the pathfinder caught her attention. I put her in the legacy and she was giddy!! She was making noise like when we have sex (mabee even more!!) OhMyGod!! is all she kepth saying. Now she is an aggressive driver but had a shit box car. With the legacy she started whipping around turns and even raced a riced out RSX on our test drive(we won of course).

Anyway we signed the papers after some haggling and dealing - $27,500 with the auto dim mirror all tax and title etc. We send the jetta to the dealer (lease) wed and pick up the new baby then head to Vermont for the weekend. Can't wait to get her on some dead mount road in VT.

I look foward to this new addition to the fam. and will be on this fourm figuring out how to disable the seaqtbelt thing and what not.

~DOB

I am definatly interested. Not much to meet about with a VW jetta so i'm glad to be back into a real car scene. I did not see anything in the regional posts about the meet but i will keep looking.

Cute couple, cute story. :)

Enjoy your new ride! OK guys, keep it clean, y'all know what I mean.......

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived