LegacyGT.com

Smart person finds out tires need air, can't figure out how though.

TheOneDoubleN

I never cease to be amazed by the sheer lack of critical thinking skills some drivers have. Like, perhaps when your car is alerting you that your tires need air, you should put air in them, instead of taking it into not one, but two shops. Notice too the drama of it all.

From Yelp, a review of Stokes Tire (which is great btw, been going for years) from a "BMW MOM"

"Just went to these guys practically in tears after being turned away from Santa Monica BMW. My car's electrical system was going haywire after being set off by a low tire pressure alert - turn signals not working, door locks not working, alarm going off. I have 2 little kids that I drive around all day, so not only was sending me off unacceptable, it was also extremely dangerous. When I asked if they could just check the tire pressure they said it was too much of a hassle (I'm paraphrasing) and sent me to the tire shop next door.

Thank God.

Stokes was very busy, but when I walked in I was helped right away. They told me a full check of the tires would be an hour an a half wait, but they could check the pressure right away. The man who did the check (John?) couldn't have been nicer. When I told him about the pricks at BMW he said he hears similar stories all day.

Anyway, as it turned out, all of my tires were a little low, and when re-inflated, the electrical issues seemed to resolve themselves (knock in wood). John said to come back every month for a free check. We'll see if that happens. Regardless, I am so grateful to them for their friendly, quick service. These guys rule."

Now, I know most people don't check their tire pressure, sure. But most people are also aware such a "dangerous" situation could be solved by going to the nearest gas station. Then she could have saved a few hours to keep driving those kids around all day.

*Sigh* :rolleyes:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CumOs_je82M/TjAZX7XQw4I/AAAAAAAAAIY/7OT9WHSwikA/s1600/women-drivers.jpg

i assume you expect everyone to be "handy". thats just not the reality of the world today. as a previous shop owner i had a lot of elderly owners. i told all my customers to come by regularly to let us check their tires and oil.

Archived