LegacyGT.com

Bmw m3 / m4?

While obviously no production F80 M3 or F82 M4 have rolled off the line yet, manufacturers like BMW register VINs for their pre-production test cars, so finding the details behind such VINs can reveal much about the upcoming production models (although keep in mind that everything is subject to change by the time the model hits production).

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798074

453747.png

I wouldn't think it's too surprising.

BMW makes a M3 coupe and sedan and they've been planning on splitting the 3 series into its own line for both the coupe and sedan.

Just like Audi and Infiniti are doing.

That engine does look fun though. I wonder how different it is from the current 335 engine.

Could someone explain to me why BMW is now going to call the 3-series coupe a 4-series? That just does not make any sense to me, the 3-series is already an extremly well known name and is the best selling luxury car in the world, so why are they spliting it into two different models?

Yep, but like I mentioned earlier, it isn't just BMW

Audi A4/A5, though I think they introduced the coupe as a new model

Supposedly they're splitting the A2/A3 I think too

Infiniti is changing the G37 coupe/sedan into the Q50/Q60 for some incredibly stupid reason.

Could someone explain to me why BMW is now going to call the 3-series coupe a 4-series? That just does not make any sense to me, the 3-series is already an extremly well known name and is the best selling luxury car in the world, so why are they spliting it into two different models?

think 5 series/6 series

same reason

sedan/coupe and convertible

Archived