LegacyGT.com

2008 legacy gt trunk lid keeps popping when putting key in ignition.

No key stashed under there lol. Would have been great if there was!

I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and then hooked back up. No change.

It's 100% triggered by sitting in the seat. If I put the key in the ignition even without turning or anything the trunk won't pop when sitting down. I tried about 6 times. Every time with the key in the ignition it would not pop. Without it in the ignition it would pop the trunk. There is a lot of wiring under the seat but I'd imagine it's all for the power seats and all.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Are the seats easy to unbolt and remove? I can pull the seat and take a look around better. I felt around and shown a flashlight best I could and didn't see anything. Does the trunk not pop if the key is in the ignition using the remote to pop it?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

You say you only got one key with the car. It's possible the dealer lost one in the car and never located it. I would check the space between the seat and console. Unbolt the seat if you have to,it's easy to do.

If not I would just unplug the trunk lock actuator till you get this sorted out.

Yeah I didn't find anything but I will pull out the seat so I can look better. It would make sense. Especially since it set off the panic alarm twice but not again since yesterday.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

As of last night it has randomly stopped happening. There must have been a loose connection under the seat or the key is lodged somewhere. Just wiggled stuff around under the seat a little and seems to have stopped. As long as it stays this way I will happy. Would have liked to know it was doing it so still might pull the seat out when I get a chance!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

• 4 weeks later...
ok so I am bumping this because I had a similar problem ugh! just started few weeks ago, my trunk randomly pops itself and I have yet to figure out the exact moment it does. My alarm also goes off at random, I just walked out of chipotle and it was going off. I dont usually use my key fob for anything, I dont usually lock my doors. did you ever figure out a solution?

Mine just stopped after reaching around under the driver seat with all the wires. Hasn't happened again since. Must have been some loose wiring or something that feeling around under there moved.

As long as it doesn't come back I am ok. Would love to know what was causing it though!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Archived