LegacyGT.com

what coils should i get

bigblue

I know it sounds strange but money isn't really an issue. That being said I want the most value for my dollar. If I am never going to track the car and I will do the occasional non-serious autocross what is the best bet? Putting 4000$coils on my 10000$ car that I daily drive is not a good investment as I see it.

You are obviously on the wrong forum if you are taking into account the KBB value of your car as compared to the cost of a modification. Many here have put 3x or more the value of the car in mods.

I find it hard to ignore that a coilover setup that get great reviews is the same price as springs and shocks. Granted I understand that the people reviewing them may now be that experienced in suspension setup.

Look at what the reviewers are doing, before putting a lot of weight into their comments. If they are cruzing and replacing their front lip every week, perhaps, its not the best fit for you?

Really I'm looking for my car to look sick with 18" rpf1's 35mm and 225/40's plus stop flopping around like a fish. Whatever setup does that they cheapest reliably is the goal. Comfort isn't a huge issue but no one wants to rattle their brains on a daily drive.

Look sick and 225/40? I thought you were serious. ISC is your solution.

BTW you can get a competitive race by setup for $2500. I just figured I would throw that in.

grenades vs nerf?

I can't believe I'm getting flamed on my 13th post.

You are obviously on the wrong forum if you are taking into account the KBB value of your car as compared to the cost of a modification. Many here have put 3x or more the value of the car in mods.

Believe me good sir. I've put more money into cars than I care to think about. I'm not trying to do that again. A legacy is not a race car. I will never race it. I'm trying to make it clear that the car will most likely never end up on a track. I have other things to race.

Look at what the reviewers are doing, before putting a lot of weight into their comments. If they are cruzing and replacing their front lip every week, perhaps, its not the best fit for you?

Understood. I'm finding it hard to sort through the BS. But, there is little more than subjective evidence regarding suspension.

Look sick and 225/40? I thought you were serious. ISC is your solution.

Yeah that's the recommended tire size for an 8" rim. (Source: tire rack) I don't know how that would make me not serious. And yes, look sick. I want it low on that setup. This isn't my first car. Some things become more important to people as they go through stages of car modification. For me I want a nice driving, powerful, comfortable, daily that looks great. Having looks as a goal must be taboo here is the legacy gt forumz where all the real racers are. You guys are so hardcore. What was I thinking?

grenades vs nerf?

** race bike not by. I know confusing. My bad.

Lol. The race shocks on my Quad cost approx $6k for the 3 of them. A set of Ohlins custom built for an LGT (NASCAR quality) are $30k+.

You can not use your bike as a comparison.

Koni for struts.

Many decent spring choices.

Nascar? Truck arms and bound coils are as close a comparison to motorcycle suspension. Anyway I was referring to an entire race ready bike. I like to put things in perspective before pricing things out and sometimes I just get to typing what I'm thinking. But, now we are getting off topic and I'm not making any more friends.

Regardless Konis seem like a lot of work for their worth. I have until March to decide. It's hard to say if they are the best bet for my application.

Having been in the Subie game since 2000, we've installed just about everything you can think of in terms of suspension. Expensive coils, cheap coils, shocks, struts, etc. 1000s of setups.

Our go-to setup is Konis and Springs (various ones work well with the Konis)

In terms of install there is no fabrication, you have to cut your front struts and insert the Koni inserts in them. We are actually offering this service so you would have a bolt-in setup to replace your struts.

Konis coupled with springs (Epics, H&R, Pinks) will yield a great year round setup for someone in MA and come with a lifetime warranty and are adjustable so you can fine tune them for back roads or mother in laws. They give you a nice European sedan feel.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived