LegacyGT.com

New motor due to blown turbo

My car has been in the shop since 2nd of this month while waiting for parts and the oil analysis to come back i decided that i was going to do some upgrades since the turbo was blown and started ordering stuff that's all well and good. got the dreaded oil results call today from my shop, they found major bearing components in the oil. he also pulled the turbo, full grenade on it, the exhaust side sheared off and the intake side had major wobble and the fins turned into a little ball, he is recommending a new motor based on all the above i am going to bit the bullet and do it, i don't really think parting out a 07 with 88k on it is viable or just to drop the new parts in and sell it i would not feel right about doing that knowing that could be a 2nd blown turbo in from what i have seen 1-infinity miles i don't think its worth the risk since i have about 2k of new parts sitting here right now to put on it. quote for the new small block and machine of heads and install of my parts and putting up a new timing and all other 100k maintenance items with a 100k warranty on it from the timing chain company. is 7k motor should be here Friday. decide to go with the BNR16g for new turbo cant wait to get car back and tuned have a cryo tune in my inbox was hoping car would be done today.

Good luck! Similar situation, I had the dreaded ring land failure in #4 & #2. No blown turbo but some shaft play. Like you I went with a new short block with new oil and water pump and timing kit, BNR 16g, and also got a up, dp, cbe, and process west tmic. Aftermarket warranty is covering the short block and turbo! Can't wait to get it done too, a bunch of stuff arrived the last 2 days, short block due next week, and infamous tune sitting in my inbox. I look forward to seeing your finished car...and hope you patiently break in the new motor before having fun with the set up. Good luck!

That's the plan I just emailed Dave the cryotuner and asked how he wants to proceed I also did dp already has cbe will need to do the tmic real quick in the coming months once I figure out how to pay my motor off

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Archived