LegacyGT.com

2014 Corvette

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2013detroitchevyvette2014-23.jpg

Looks okay in this shot. Clean up some of the overdone details and this car in person could look very nice.

I like that profile. It still says Corvette to me. It's just the ass end that doesn't jive.

Corvettes have been moving a ferrari looking direction since 05. The rear end on this is hideous.

As for the plastic comment, how do you think a car that wide and long only weighs 3100lbs and only costs 50k. There is a reason corvettes are considered some of the best bang for buck cars and it is not because of their awesome interiors and well made bodys. You want carbon fiber body buy a 250k+ ferrari.

I actually like the rear end. I am glad they finally ditched the round rear tail lights, and the exhaust layout looks much improved compared to the C6.

I love it, except I'm not too thrilled about the rear either. I see it one of two ways:

1. It'll grow on me, making the C6 look really dated, like the C6 did to the C5.

2. The next generation will return to round tails in traditional corvette fashion, and this will look cheesy like the square tails on the later C4's.

Either way, I can see one of these being my next car. Just waiting on word of a Z06 version.

I actually like the rear end. I am glad they finally ditched the round rear tail lights, and the exhaust layout looks much improved compared to the C6.

I think the car overall looks good, the rear end only looks bad to me when looking at it directly from the rear. It might grow on me as the c5 did. When the C5 came out I wasn't a huge fan of its "fat" ass.

i cant wait to see what this thing does against the 2014 911 turbo and GTR

There are rumors that the new big NA vette is going to churn out around 600hp and replace the 505hp z06. But who knows if that is true and when new high end performance models will start to go into production.

I dont like that they have the giant black plastic diffuser thingy majiger on the the back. looks cheap. Maybe if it didnt extend 2/3 the way up the back it would be ok.

I still think the C6(at least the z06) is gorgeous and this doesnt come close.

I love how the new corvette looks, yes even the rear.

I would like to know if anyone ever did actually buy a new GTR for 70k, cause every dealer had them price marked way up.

My roomie bought his GTR for MSRP no mark up. Traded it in for an STI a year later after I got my spec.b.

I love how the new corvette looks, yes even the rear.

My roomie bought his GTR for MSRP no mark up. Traded it in for an STI a year later after I got my spec.b.

Does your roomie have you as a roommate because he paid 80k for a car? I can't afford a 80k car and I have my own residence. Cali prices must be getting even worse than they already were if people who can afford 80k cars have roommates.

Does your roomie have you as a roommate because he paid 80k for a car? I can't afford a 80k car and I have my own residence. Cali prices must be getting even worse than they already were if people who can afford 80k cars have roommates.

No, at the time he had the GTR he was making the LinkedIn IOS app and living at a townhouse he bought. He was even letting an unemployed friend stay rent free for 1 year+ until he could find a job.

We are roomies now because he sold his STI and invested his savings in his startup business, and we both needed to move to SF to work.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got the Stingray in 2-3 yrs.

the vette will never come close to either 911 or GT-R, their build quality is far too superior

Depends what area you are talking about. Sure body and interior the vette isn't winning any contests against other super cars but when you talk about powertrain you would be hard pressed to find a more reliable super car than a z06 or zr1. Porsches, ferraris, lambos and even the GTR has insane maintenance schedules at insane prices. My vette now has over 100k+ miles on it with nothing but fluid changes and a right rear wheel bearing. Jay Leno with all his super cars has even said the most reliable sports cars I have owned, I think he has 5 at the moment.

Depends what area you are talking about. Sure body and interior the vette isn't winning any contests against other super cars but when you talk about powertrain you would be hard pressed to find a more reliable super car than a z06 or zr1. Porsches, ferraris, lambos and even the GTR has insane maintenance schedules at insane prices. My vette now has over 100k+ miles on it with nothing but fluid changes and a right rear wheel bearing. Jay Leno with all his super cars has even said the most reliable sports cars I have owned, I think he has 5 at the moment.

Im sure its related to the technology behind each car. The 911 and GTr have bleeding edge tech out the wazoo. The new 911 Turbo is supposed to have 3 turbos, 3. As far as i know, that means you are 3 times more likely to have a turbo failure. The vette manages to compete in the same performance realms without the super tech and price.

I would buy a Z06 before I bought a 911 Turbo. There is something about that car that is unreal.

Im sure its related to the technology behind each car. The 911 and GTr have bleeding edge tech out the wazoo. The new 911 Turbo is supposed to have 3 turbos, 3. As far as i know, that means you are 3 times more likely to have a turbo failure. The vette manages to compete in the same performance realms without the super tech and price.

I would buy a Z06 before I bought a 911 Turbo. There is something about that car that is unreal.

I always think of it like a ak-47 vs ar15. The vette is the ak-47, rough around the edges, not as accurate as a ferrari or porsche but it gets the job done if you know what you are doing for less cost. It also has less high tech equipment and looser tolerences which make for a much more reliable package. The porsches and ferraris are the AR-15s, everything is tight and carefully crafted which works great until something gets out of whack and then shit breaks and when it does you need to give up your first born to have it fixed.

I wonder if the seats in the new C7 will actually be supportive, or just the same shitty seats they always use.

Re-upholstered Tahoe seats?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived