LegacyGT.com

gauge pods?

I've installed those Prosports gauges on customers cars before and they are junk and very annoying. Autometer gauges are always a reliable choice but their plain looking compared to gauges from other companies now days. I have Defi gauges in my Supra and I really like them but their kinda pricey. I bought mine years ago when they first came out and it seems like everyone's got them now. AEM, Blitz and Greddy are gauges that are also worth taking a look at. I will say that Innovate makes the best widebands and I have the LC-1 in my Supra and also on my Arctic Cat ATV and I've also installed probably more than 10 of them in friends and customers cars/trucks and not one of them have failed. I even got 3 years on their o2 sensor running leaded race gas before it failed. That's Damn impressive for running leaded race gas. When I switched my set up over to e85 I replaced the sensor and its been fine for 2 years. Plus the Innovate WB's use a Bosch o2 sensor which you can buy at your local auto parts store so if you ever have a problem theres no waiting for one. I believe it's off a Volkswagen can't remember the model.

real gauges are so 20th century

Ya so I have a obdkey and I do use torque for android, and have the ability to use that heads up display... but since its a blue tooth connector its laggy. Which means accuracy wise far worse than any real gauge.. But if your just putting gauges to look cool why not.

you can get a wifi obd adapter that reduces lag, but will never be as accurate as a real gauge.

torque for android is awesome though.

http://steeleson.com/Jetta/torque.JPG

(stock google image pic, my Galaxy S3 ate a rock waiting on replacement screen from china so not using torque atm but still vouching for it.)

more of something I look at during a red light its really nice to easily add a compass, volt meter a decently accurate MPG calculator into an older car that never had those as an option.

Utilizing torque you can use a tablet to get rid of some of the not as important gauges so you don't clutter everything all up, and dash cam's are sweet. I will for sure dash cam the pylon rally cross i've signed up for in march :)

Honestly - pillar pods are a good value for money tidy solution, the senders are very easily hidden, pillar pod mounts are cheap and made for almost every car and they can blend really nicely.

IMO the best solution is a dash cluster up in the middle of the dash but this is probably the most expensive to make it look nice and it's hard to find prefabs for older cars. Next best would be down in the center console of the dash with the stereo etc but don't like replacing oem panels like that..

All that matters in the end I guess is that you're able to see the stats you care about easily, and honestly for an oil pressure gauge, I would try and get one that has an alert/warning because you've probably toasted your bearings by the time you notice it's sitting on 0psi. I like it for knowing how warmed up the car is though.

I've decided that I would want the boost gauge in a pillar pod again, lol. If anyone knows where to get one for a first gen I'm all ears. I like to be able to see it clearly while driving, and my location is good for that but it could look cleaner without the wires.

Archived