LegacyGT.com

potenza re960as vs something else

Kodax

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus. Running them on both of my Subaru's and love them.

Yeah, I heard good things about those as well. How does the ride feels? Any problems with the tires?

re960 has been replaced with re970.

Usually newer is better.

Krzys

Yeah, I was going through tirerack and realized that there aren't any more 960 but there is a 970 instead. The reviews seem pretty good but I am not sure whether I should go back to potenza; the road noise could be pretty loud sometimes.

Yeah, I heard good things about those as well. How does the ride feels? Any problems with the tires?

So far so good. Less then 4K on the tires on the Legacy and less than 6K on the tires on the Impreza. Had the re960's on the Impreza before installing the new Michelins and they are by far a better tire. Biggest thing I noticed was how 'hard' the Potenza's rode compared to the Michelins. They are great in the rain but not sure about the snow (spent last winter in Cali.) but got a feeling I'm gonna find out this winter :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Both RE970 and pilot sport A/S are great tires. Lean more towards the Michelins though. Maybe a little bit more expensive, but generally a few more miles out of them. But depending on the size, re970 might be more feasible. Still great tires. Just seems that in certain sizes they can be more expensive than the Michelins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived