LegacyGT.com

Look at what UPS brought me.

doogdog

A slight aesthetic flaw I noticed on my unit is that the illumination - which is selectable - of the "white" portion of the dial is somewhat yellower than that of our dash gauges. From looking at various photos, it seems that either the DEFI or brother and fellow Ohioan Tronix's units -from eBay, right?- would be a better match. I've actually decided to turn brightness on the NEXUS down one "notch," and this seems to have helped a bit, although a slight unevenness is still visible to my extremely picky eyes.

Yeah mine really do match the stock faces nearly perfect, but mine pale in comparison to the autometers functionality. Mine are just plain gauges.

Do you have a decent pic of these that show the color difference? I've had these gauges on the list for awhile but I have a picky eye as well and dont want to be too disappointed.

-T

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

Tronix,

Uploading pix as we speak....

-A

2059954960_Enginecompartment.JPG.0851dbd6ac0eacfd0ee7e0ad8c4287bb.JPG

Flash.JPG.884ddc488ddec268f464cf78e7cca8d1.JPG

1906596373_Noflash.JPG.f12309f14b4bbfc128a313adce0b2408.JPG

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Tronix/All,

The left-most pix is how I have the sender mounted in the engine compartment - yes, it's a hack job (again, lack of bench tools) and yes, the stickers are Ricy, but I'm a Riceboy at heart, and hey, at least I've kept my exterior Rice-free. ;)

The "flash" picture in the middle is representative of daytime viewing, whereby you can see that the white portion of the NEXUS gauge's lettering looks a bit yellow as compared to the gauge cluster's. This is with both the cluster on highest dimmer setting, as well as the NEXUS on highest dimmer setting. Turning the NEXUS's dimmer down one notch allows for a better color-match, but will significantly decrease direct-sun daytime visibility. I'd think that getting the gauge in the cubby would better shield it from ambient lighting if you're thinking about going down one notch in brightness for a better color match.

The "no-flash" picture on the far right shows the NEXUS to be a bit "bluer" in the white areas than our gauges. I'll have to check this at night to be sure.

-A

PS: Sorry for the finger-smudge!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Update -

I did get some seat time in Winky last night. Sara and I went to a party in the early evening, and although we got some great food then, we both were hungry again by around 10PM - went out hunting for some chow. ;)

In any case....

The NEXUS seems to show the same color aberration at night - ever so slightly yellower in the "white" areas than our slightly blue-tinged white on the dash cluster. Turning down the dimmer to be one notch below (and remember, at night, even "Ill.6" is one notch, itself, dimmer than our daytime interior illumination) that of the dash cluster's again seems to restore some balance, although, if I had to be *extremely* picky, it's still not an absolute perfect match.

-A

maybe the only difference is the tinting on the outer plastic of the cluster... obviously the defi BF gauge has it too, so that could be why they don't look yellowish. I'm assuming those nice nexus gauges use LEDs, right? If not the bulbs would explain the yellow... Any way you look at the gauges still look great, so don't worry bout it!

sportwagon,

Yes, the NEXUS units are LED -- I would definitely pin the "fault" on the blackout lens.

:)

-A

Archived