LegacyGT.com

Which USDM Headlight Assembly?

Time to replace the headlights - my son's are shot and no amount of polishing will save them.

All the OEM USDM headlight assemblies out there say the same thing - they're the best.:spin:

Which ones are the best - which ones should I avoid?

It's about light output quality - not style.

1997 LGT Sedan

There should only be two styles in the USDM style, which are one piece relectors which include side turn signals and there are two piece relectors which are just the headlight assembly and have seperate turn signals.

Both of them have the same refective pattern but can have better light output performance depending on the bulbs you put in.

Imo spend a bit more money and buy some jdm projectors 55w ballast 4300k bulbs and now you have alot more light on the road.

My friend owns a 97 LGT with the one piece HL and I own a 99 LGT with the two piece and IMO it's a night a day difference between the two. The two piece being the better. They project the light far better and I know for fact the reflectors inside the HL are different as I compared the two just recently. When I compared the light displacement of the two both lenses were clear and not "yellowed" or faded. I just ordered a HID kit and can't wait to install them. I had some in my old 96 Leg L and it did make a nice difference so they should work better in my 99. I believe either will fit in any 96-99 but I could be wrong.

Archived