LegacyGT.com

Best OE Clutch Pricing?

Kingfisher

Need to replace the clutch on the wife's '05 LGT and wanted to see who has the best pricing these days? The last time around I bought everything from Chaplin, but the flywheel was still in decent shape so I was able to forgo that for the time being. This time around of course, the flywheel is a must. I've checked both Fred Beans and Chaplin, but before I make a purchase I thought I'd see if there was a better deal out there? For whatever reason when you go look up the flywheel on various websites it shows up as a $250 part, however when they check it against the VIN, it ends up being a $450 part. Not sure what the difference is but if I can avoid dropping $800 for the clutch kit + FW, that would be great. If not, so be it.

This is the wife's daily, it's completely stock and I'm looking to maintain the exact same driving characteristics which is why I'm looking for an OEM/Sachs clutch setup.

Is there anyone else out there with better pricing than Chaplin, or Fred Beans, or ?

There are a couple of Vendors on here selling some kits including the Flywheel that have very similar characteristics to the OE Clutch. I just purchased a Spec Clutch Stage 2 kit for an insanely low price compared to the $800 number you have from EurosportDesign or something similar. It wouldnt hurt anything, and the kit I purchased feels fairly close to stock pedal-wise. I personally would consider looking into one of those options, but thats just my .02.

single mass vs dual mass is the difference.

the dual mass costs more and is stock. the single mass costs less but you can't use the oem 05 LGT clutch. you have to do the conversion. you also get a lot more clutch options available once you do the single mass conversion.

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Much appreciated. I was thinking that the last time I did this 3 years or so ago, there was talk of clutch chatter when switching to the single mass / WRX clutch setup, and I also seem to remember people saying that it was a "no no" to switch from a dual to a single way late in the game like I am now for fear of changing the balance on the crank and potentially trashing a main seal etc. Sounds like that's probably just a bunch of hoo ha. Chaplin did right by me last time so I went ahead and placed another order with them. Hopefully all the parts will be here within the week.

Archived