LegacyGT.com

Best way to adjust GFB BOV

sashadg1

The GFB can be run full recirc. It is far more adjustable than a Forge. GFB is just as trusted as far as aftermarket companies (if not more, I would say more).

Denting the top of a metal BOV is rather ghetto. The results are far from predictable. I am appalled someone here would even rehash that 10 year old nasioc stuff. They dont even do it on nasioc anymore.

Many times people think their BOV/BPV is holding higher boost levels when in reality it is leaking and the aftermarket turbo is just capable of overcoming it (meaning the turbo is working harder than it needs to).

You can be appalled. As am I that you would endorse a VTA

I have done it and it works just fine, sure its not perfect, but it works, and a lot better the a VTA.

I sure would be able to tell if it was leaking from tuning logs and from actual feel, when you have enough seat time you can 'feel' before you actually see, Im not saying its a perfect fix but on a budget to can work, hell some guys throw 1000s of dollars on mods and are reluctant to spend money on the most important part, the tune...they dont want to change the BOV but run higher then 20 psi

Simply put,

If you can run it full recirc then do it and avoid the hassle in the first place.

Ive had no issues running large amount of flow at higher PSi's to make over 400 WHP with stock 'ghetto' BOVs in place running non spike, uber smooth boost curves. Proof of pudding is in the eating,,, talking of pudding, its New Years,, time to get some scoff ready.

A GFB can be run full recirc. VTA is the users choice. I like a little blow off sound (the ricer in me, I know). I am even willing to accept the 1/10th of 1 second that a car is rich when venting enough to atmosphere to be rich (if the customer chooses to vent that much). I dont find properly setting up a BOV/BPV for maximum throttle response to be a "hassle".

I never told anyone to go VTA. I simply explained the operation of the BOV/BPV in question and then explained how we typically set them up at the shop for customers.

There is a ricer in all of us some place, no matter how small, I personally like the sound when releasing pressure with a FMIC and SRI.

Nope no hassle to set up generally, but OP is needing help.

Either way, I hope he gets it straight as I HATE the smallest niggles in my own cars or ones I work on.

Happy New Year

He just got over excited with his new "toys" and failed to read the very detailed write up on how to set up the BOV/BPV. It has happened to all of us... what blue blooded American reads instructions? Lol.

Sounds like he got it all figured out and now just wants to change trumpets to get the exact blow off sound he desires. More of a "whistle" like a SSQ than the "whoosh" he has now.

If he ends up needing more assistance and is near the shop he can always swing in and I will take the time to help him with the set up. I built the motor in his car, but the BOV was not there when it left my shop, so I could not assist with set up.

A very Happy New Year to all.

Mike I think the BOV is working just right now. Morning idle is a little strange at times, however, seems to be OK. Yes I need the trumpet to get rid of the messy sounding whooosshhhh I have now, not a big fan. They should have included the other trumpet as part of the package.

Archived