LegacyGT.com

First Post: Interested in a LGT Wagon

MichaelBrown86

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking into a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Wagon. Manual trans, 98K miles, and the ad said "Fully Loaded".

I'll be trading in my 2007 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring, manual trans, 121K miles, and "Fully Loaded".

I'm very happy with my MX-5, but I need more room, and all wheel drive. I've been interested in Subaru's for a very long time, and I've always had a thing for the LGT Wagon.

I'd just like to ask a few questions:

1)Anything I should look out for when purchasing, other than the normal kicking of the tires?

2)Any reliability issues?

3)Aftermarket support?

4)List of good first mods?

5)OEM/JDM upgrades?

6)How long you've owned your LGT.

7)What do you consider the "pros" of the LGT.

8)What do you consider the "cons" of the LGT.

Thank you for your help everyone. I appreciate you reading my first post.

bro ive had 6 subarus so far and im on my first leggy ( Im aussie so i bought an imported Legacy tsr) . reliability is pretty decent from what ive seen . most kms i got out of a EJ22 was 760k .

cons - 4 th gear and 2 gear syncros , 2.5 has head issues

Pros - insane grip( my old man has drive heaps of cars but never AWD subaru , had him squeeling and grabbing onto everything) , that subaru sound(burble) , modability is far and wide .

OEM or JDM isnt a question the japs make the full bloodied versions ( us aussies and the yanks get the watered down versions) JDM all the way

How long have i had subaru - since i turned 16 and im 26 now and converted for life , need further convincing find someone with a wrx and get them to take you for a "Thrash" you will have your breath taken away

Archived