LegacyGT.com

My exhaust idea... thoughts?

jsalicru

I usually don't really post something like this, but in reality, Im bored so here we go.

I have this idea for my exhaust, so I figured I would just post up.

Here' my cheap exhaust idea setup.

I have a S2000 exhaust sitting in my storage unit right now.

I have a good feeling that the mufflers will fit our cars.. and if they do.. it might provide for quiet performance.

The idea came to me when I started thinking about how well stock S2000 exhausts flow. I know of one guy that ran it on his S2k to 400whp.

The mufflers are dual pass and straight thru. Aka, the gasses enter the muffler, do a 180 right back out and then another 180 right back in. This, in theory, would give me a quiet exhaust with good performance. Tie this to a 2.75"-3" mid-pipe with a high flow resonator.. and you might have yourself something custom that looks OEM and is fairly quiet.

thoughts?

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Sounds good to me. I'm using Comptech mufflers (bought off of ebay), and they sound great, not too loud. Can't tell about flow improvements, though, as I only replaced the mufflers and left the stock pipes.

I may use the OEM exhaust from my old Stealth. It looks like it'll fit with very little modification and it's good for 115+ mph traps in a 4000 lb car. Plus it's got a 3 inch inlet and has motorized loud/quiet modes that I could adapt to work with this car.

nice, that sounds like a nice addition right there.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived