LegacyGT.com

Passing Emissions

root_galaxy

I'm at stage 3, 91 oct, high flow cat, etc etc.

My plates renewal is coming up in Jan. I did a bunch of mobile spot drive bys, and I am hoping I passed!

Well, I did not pass the mobile drive by. I received my renewal card in the mail yesterday, and it says emission test required, shit!

I have an AVO TMIC, Grimmspeed EBCS, BNR16g, tuned for 19.5 target boost, CNT catted DP. Can I just swap the DP with the OEM stock DP and LEAVE my car stage 3 tuned for the emission test? Or do i need to put on a stock tune, stock boost controller, stock DP, stock TMIC to pass?

• 4 weeks later...

With the beautiful weather in Denver today and my JAN plate expiration, a PASSING emission test was my goal. I swapped out my CNT DP with my stock downpipe. Damn O2 sensor in my CNT DP was not coming out...not even with the O2 sensor removal tools from Autozone. So, I had to buy an extra O2 sensor from NAPA for $90 to go with my stock DP.

I built a low boost map via Accessport Tuner Race. Still running my EBCS, AVO TMIC, and BNR16g, I just turned down my boost down from 19.5 to 14 lbs max boost, which I figured would help, and took it down the emission place.

Passed with flying colors...

TEST READINGS LIMITS

HC GPM 0.0206 1.20000

CO GPM 0.9230 15.0000

NOx GPM 0.0478 1.50000

Went back home and swapped the DP back. Its all kind of a pain in ass dropping the DP on ramps in your driveway. Do-able. But crappy. It sure would be sweet to have one of MWeiners high flow emission friendly cats. Well, at least I'm good now for the next 2 years. Maybe by 2015, the front range will eliminate emission testing. Otherwise, I might just need to invest in one of those cats.

Archived