LegacyGT.com

6+ yr/old Ballast / Bulbs - questions

legacy4me

I had my aftermarket HID's installed professionally. No issues with ballasts or bulbs - been just over 6 years.

I do notice that the 4300w bulbs have color shifted to a more yellow/pink color. I've purchased new bulbs from TRS.

My questions are - never replaced the bulbs. Assume I just need to unplug the old and plug in the new? (There are holes drilled in the dust caps) Do I need to unhook battery first?

Also, how long will the ballasts last? The passenger side seems to ignite at a different color, but after a second both bulbs warm to the same color. (assuming this is just the bulb shifting color - not a ballast issue)

thanks for the help. I searched but didnt see anything in regards to replacing old HID bulbs with new.

Can't answer about the ballast but you do not need to undo the battery to replace the bulb. Make sure you do NOT touch the glass of the new bulb though, wear some disposable gloves when replacing with new bulb. Yes, all you need to do is take the old bulb out and put the new one in.

Archived