LegacyGT.com

Leather Seats

mimivroom

I am not sure if anyone is aware or have paid attention to the leather on their car, but I have a question. So, I bought a Subaru Legacy about 2.5 months ago. The car has about 1.3k miles on it. One day, after driving the car to and from San Francisco (a total of about 2 hours), I noticed that there are wave mark-like creases on the driver's seat, including the passenger seats on the back. I can understand that the wave marks on the leather seats are created by tension of the leather, or from a heat from a person's body (as stated by Subaru Dealer.) I asked if there's any way to get rid of the marks. I was informed that only the sun can get rid of it, but it may take months or never at all. As a Subaru lover, I am frustrated at this situation. I expected more out of a company and brand that I love. How can Subaru lack quality?

I cannot understand why there are creases on the seats when I only have the car for just two months. I have included a picture link below for an example. See the wave-like creases?

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, is it normal? I know each car varies with what kind of leather brand Subaru uses.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2011-mustang-talk/140798d1318004951-premium-leather-seat-wrinkled-already-dsc00659.jpg

The picture shown above is pulled from Google images. I cannot seem to attach the picture that I took myself. I will figure it out somehow.

I have a 2012 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited.

Oh, ok haha.

I don't know why that's happening to you. My mom's 2011 Outback hasn't had that problem, nor has my brother's 2004 Outback (which used to be mine, and before again was my mom's). However, it has happened on my Acura TL's rear seats.

It's not that bad once you get used to it, but look for ways to fix it while your leather's still young.

Haha, but it could be that older car models have better quality leather seats than they do now.

I read on a forum elsewhere that you could get rid of the waves by ironing it out. Has anyone tried this?

This website says you can... but I would personally be super-sketched if I was trying this on my own car with 81,000 miles on it. A new car? Not a chance.

http://www.ehow.com/how_12112440_reduce-wrinkles-leather-seat.html

And honestly, that level of waviness is kind of expected. Pardon me for saying, but it's really not that bad. You probably weigh more than 2 pounds, which is why the leather gets slightly wavy after bearing your weight. I think this happens to all leather to a certain extent, and I think that the extent it's happening to you is nothing out of the ordinary.

When you said wavy, I thought you were talking about HUUUGE waves and imperfections, like the kind that forms what looks like a huge bubble on the seat where your ass goes, like you can see in the pic you posted of the seat with the blue accent. But no, yours is fine.

Haha I don't wanna be that annoying not-helpful helping guy, but I also really really don't want you messing up your seat trying to fix it. Because that's no fun.

The picture that I took myself doesn't appear bad, but of course, it doesn't look as bad as the blue accent picture above. I don't want to drag this on, because I believe you are right. I believe this happens to any leather; however, it disappoints me.

I really want to find a way to get rid of the wave marks. It's especially hard for the sun to hit on the seat since my windows are tinted. Ahhh, I guess I have to accept this tragic event, haha. Thank you for your opinion.

Archived