LegacyGT.com

Let's see your colored snowflakes

like this?

i havent ever sandblasted a wheel before, but ive refinished them. id rather have sandblasted just for ease of use, but im betting the filling will take up some time saved not sanding. either way, take your time and you can get a good finish with sanding and rattle can. i prefer to go to a real paint shop and have them put good auto paint in said rattle cans tho, comes out much nicer than krylon or something like that.

probably like that but only thing would be the wheel color that changed lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I painted mine white like 2 years ago with some walmart paint and clear coat, they still look the same when they are clean!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7110/7484725326_dfaa6e1ea5_z.jpg

Do you have aclose up shot of the wheels without the center caps?

• 2 weeks later...
very nice, i love the look of mine. What paint did you use? I used the "Rustoleum Hammered" Gold paint, I wish it was a little brighter, but I like the outcome. Is your car lifted? That's a lot of gap (which is good if that's what you want, of course)

Lol thanks def will.not be doing green lol and my black.tint suits me fine the wheels are silver face with gold insert factory but really pitted and shitty looking trying to figure out what color i like the gold on scoobys and not sure silver and black would look good based on small wheels and silver on silver would just be bleh i think and white on silver i dont think so lol so prolly gold lol

can you throw in an all silver wheel? then you guys can help me decide gold or silver thanks btw!!

not sure silver and black would look good based on small wheels and silver on silver would just be bleh i think and white on silver i dont think so lol so prolly gold lol

can you throw in an all silver wheel? then you guys can help me decide gold or silver thanks btw!!

while i agree on the small wheels thing, i still like black on silver looks good, especially with a darker tint. heres both. i adjusted the color to resemble the black my rims are, but my car is faded/ burnt green.

leggy_bk.thumb.jpg.f41fed7baa507807cd6d570d86b6529d.jpg

leggy_slvr.thumb.jpg.0a8dfa34490bc63aa9a755b2ac229bf1.jpg

I did mine with some stuff I got in the auto section at Fred Meyers called OEM wheel paint. It is supposed to resemble the factory argent silver and it was cheap and worked very well and it makes the wheels super easy to clean and looks close to stock with a bit more metallic in it. Cheap and easy and looks good with the sapphire blue paint.

0LEGO.thumb.JPG.02c0e50906bd6da41e7527a42dea62ac.JPG

Archived