LegacyGT.com

OBXT - custom exhaust?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Just an update. I'm at a Stage 2+'ish level right now. Holy cow! The OXT is AWESOME this way. Upgrades include: up-pipe, down-pipe, pulley, and Access Port, plus some minor non-power related stuff. I wish I had a place to post the dyno chart... On California 91 octane gas (which, Trey and Christian discovered, is more prone to knock than Utah 91 - I brought 10 gallons in jerrycans mounted on my Yak MegaWarrior), we got +38 hp, +64 ft-lbs (on his Mustang AWD dyno, 250 hp and 291 ft-lbs), but that doesn't really tell the story. The increase in power is close to that peak increase over a huge amount of the powerband.

BTW, the Stock STi makes 238 hp and 248 ft-lbs on his dyno, while my stock OXT made 213 hp and 227 ft-lbs.

The OXT is a monster this way! The suspension went from being just lame to being totally useless. I romp on the gas and my headlights hit only the tree tops! :) I love it! The fronts can spin pretty easily when I get on the throttle too hard and if I shift quickly, I can get a little wheel slip going.

As for the turbo-back exhaust, Trey prototyped it on my OXT and is prepping for production. I should have my cat-back portion soon for a final test fit and then he'll make his production runs. So my impressions are all based on the OE cat-back, which flows quite well...

And if you care, I'm bringing a friend's '06 WRX Wagon Limited to Trey's in a week and a half, so we'll see how the little brother of my OXT does :)

Joel, soon to test out his OXT versus his STi (maybe this weekend)

That's it...I have to get this for my XT. 250/291? Damn! Maybe I can justify it as an (early) Xmas present to myself :D
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Joel, soon to test out his OXT versus his STi (maybe this weekend)

Hello,

So, last night, I had the girlfriend drive the STi (she's a surprisingly capable driver with some road course experience and the last time we went to the drags, she was within 0.1 seconds of me on the quarter mile, in the STi or in the Miata) and I drove the OXT. We did a couple quick freeway races, from 50ish to 100ish. Although it was midnight, there was pretty heavy traffic, so we couldn't race too well or too obviously.

At any rate, we had her start the STi from 4k rpms, 4.5k rpms, and 5k rpms, each time, with me going whatever speed she was going, and then we dropped the hammer. Didn't matter where we started from, the Cobb Stage 2 OXT was a perfect match for the STi. In fact, when she would shift gears, the OXT would surge ahead by a couple feet (heh, I love the longer gears on the OXT for daily utility). We tried her going first, me going first, whatever we did, the STi couldn't shake the OXT or vice-versa.

She actually told me by phone "OMG, the OXT is FAST!" :)

Then we got to our neighborhood (very industrial) and did a few 5-60 runs (to eliminate launch issues). She botched one launch and I might as well have been racing a Civic :p When we pegged the gas well, though, the OXT took the lead in 1st gear, but when she shifted the STi to 2nd, it started making some ground. My street is rather rough - used mostly by heavily loaded big rigs - and slightly uphill, so that may have affected things...

Anyway, we want to head out to the dragstrip to test things out more officially, with one of my friends who has dragrace experience helping out, but, for all practical intents and purposes, the two cars appear to be equal. The 3500 pound 2005 Cobb Stage 2 OXT is equally fast to the stock 2005 STi. They're equals from almost zero and equals up at 100 mph. We own two STis, one of which has blown rear struts, the other of which has rear shocks that aren't worth the scrap metal they're made of :)

AWESOME! I love my super-fast OXT!

:)

Joel

Archived