LegacyGT.com

New Legacy or Altima? (Hint: Vote Subaru)

Always Learning

I would hold of for 2014 Mazda 6 :) Those new engines are pretty sick and if us spec model looks anything like JDM/EURO it will be best looking sedan is US period. I know, I know very helpful post :)

Well all I can say is that I hope that the Mazda 6 Wagon comes to the US, and that it has AWD and a manual... because if it does, I will explode with happiness.

And the Ford Fusion is pretty nice-lookin too IMO; seen a couple on the road now and I've gotta say they look really nice, especially amongst their segment.

Manual, maybe, but AWD, I'd highly doubt it(The old Speed-6 had AWD though, but the SkyActive platform is supposed to focus on efficiency...AWD drivetrain is inherently less efficient than a simple transverse setup).

In response to all those saying "wait for xxxxx" there will always be progress. Something newer and better will always eventually obsolete the current stuff.

That said, if you're in the market to buy NOW (which it seems like you are) you're in a tough place, both the 2013 altima and legacy are nice car. I have been helping my mom decide what car to buy, after trying EVERYTHING in the 25-30k price range, she narrowed it down to the altima SV 2.5 and the legacy 2.5 (she wanted gas mileage over power). She ended up with the legacy for the AWD and the price she wanted with the options and color combo she wanted.

I have only driven the legacy and it's nice and tight / firm without the NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) you'd expect. She has the EyeSight system and nav both of which seem to work great. It also is suprisingly quick to accelerate once you're moving, it's a bit of a lump off the line though.

My vote is go drive both of them with all the options you want, and decide which one you like best. I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Manual, maybe, but AWD, I'd highly doubt it(The old Speed-6 had AWD though, but the SkyActive platform is supposed to focus on efficiency...AWD drivetrain is inherently less efficient than a simple transverse setup).

yeah, but also less fun :mad:

Oh well, just gonna have to stick to my original plan of buying a 4th gen LGT 5MT Wagon :)

I have driven both the Legacy and the Altima. Each has its own merits. The Legacy holds the corners a bit tighter and the engine was quiter at idle. The Altima has nicer seats and seemed faster from a dead stop.

On dry pavement, there were only small differences between the two.

The Altima is longer and shorter.

Since I could not locate the color combination that I wanted in the Altima, I have delayed my decision for a few weeks.

Yesterday I put snow tires on my 11-year old Accord and drove it in the snow/slush. I now agree with the members that have said that

Snow tires + FWD > All-Season tires + AWD

Agree, FWD w/ snow shoes is plenty in your next of the woods. I had an 08 Altima 2.5 CVT. 60K miles and no issues at all until I traded for my LGT which gave me nothing but heartache...yea it was quick and awd but wish I kept my Altima. He's cross shopping the 3.5 VQ which is no slouch. I'd go w/ the Altima...

Well all I can say is that I hope that the Mazda 6 Wagon comes to the US, and that it has AWD and a manual... because if it does, I will explode with happiness.

That's what I have right now minus AWD. I think...the only V6 wagon with MT in US. I don't think that will happen again though and to throw in AWD on top of all that would be too much. Manufacturers figured out that in US market wagon is a soccer mom territory so MT is a no go. I am afraid MT in general are doomed with CVTs and DCT getting more and more efficient. Lower priced sport cars might hold of for a while .......let's wear those "save the manuals" Ts proudly :)

I'm a member of Nissanclub, coming from a 3rd gen Altima which kicked ass and frankly the abundance of threads with issues on the 2013 Altimas is putting me off.

I have been on that board since 2004 and have never seen that many threads from owners reporting problems. So I guess that's something to watch for.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/nissan-altima-forums/

In your situation, barring awd an absolute must, I would let a test drive decide it.

Archived