LegacyGT.com

Foglights connected to park lights

I'm pretty sure that you can ground your fog lights and then you can turn them both on.

Or there is this DIY on this site you can use to have the fogs turn on with your parking lights: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-fogs-w-parking-lights-136753.html

I know I have seen a DIY on how to ground your foglights somewhere but I have lost the link. I want to have the option to have them completely independent of any other lights.

I'm pretty sure that you can ground your fog lights and then you can turn them both on.

Or there is this DIY on this site you can use to have the fogs turn on with your parking lights: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-fogs-w-parking-lights-136753.html

I know I have seen a DIY on how to ground your foglights somewhere but I have lost the link. I want to have the option to have them completely independent of any other lights.

That would be even better if I could make them independent. I'm trying to find out or figure something but I'm at a loss when it comes to wires lol. And reading schematic is like reading hieroglyphics lol. But at least I have a friend who can read it so I'll see if we can figure something out.

Stang y do/did u choose to have the fogs on with the highs??

They are on with both the low and high beams. I replaced the stock fog lights with PIAA units, and rather than ordering them with the 'fog light pattern,' I ordered them with the 'driving light pattern' to use, basically, as auxiliary driving lights. So they are aimed up slightly and basically act as secondary high beams (they are about twice as bright as my high beams with Silverstar Ultra bulbs.) Having fog lights is neat, but I actually have more use for them as FLOOD-THE-ROAD-WITH-LIGHT lights.

Honestly, I just think fog lights look cool so that is why give a **** about them. I know that if you ground your highs you can have your lows and highs on at the same time, and if you ground your fogs they can be on at the same time too. I just want to blast the road with light.

But my JDMs w/HIDs work so well that I don't even bother to use my highs. But if I can get the highs to come on with the HID lows then I'll be stoked. I haven't bothered to do the mod since my highs have the stock H3s and they suck. I do have some nice H3s to replace them though.

Thanx btw for the redirection. And yea I agree with what u say on lighting the road. When coming home from work its darker than dark where I live seeing as I go thru back roads. I sometimes like to touge thru starkweather (it's the name of the road) and I kno more lighting is better for me but not so good for everyone else. I'm a responsible driver or try to be lol. So I'll have to do this setup responsibly

Some argue that foglights will be unsafe because they will direct your attention to distances closer to the vehicle and not far out where you need to be aiming your steering. I say screw them, have your fogs on to light the road in front of you where possums, kids, and deer will jump out in front of you; have your lows on for farther out, and have your highs on for anything else that comes your way! Such as Mothman, sasquatch, more deer, etc.

Archived