LegacyGT.com

New LED bulb

metsfan999

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
red bulb behind red lens. i also purchased amber bulbs for rear turn signals, which i'm waiting for. i want the switchbacks for the front but its a bitch to replace front turn signals so i may wait until the spring to try them out. good luck!

red bulb behind red lens. i also purchased amber bulbs for rear turn signals, which i'm waiting for. i want the switchbacks for the front but its a bitch to replace front turn signals so i may wait until the spring to try them out. good luck!

I'm mulling them over but still undecided.:lol:

They look damn good and install looks straightforward but it's also $100 for bulbs.:spin:

Not to hijack this thread about these awesome bulbs.

But i've bought led bulbs from here for my brake lights and they are still going strong after 3 years. http://autolumination.com/

I've purchased autolumination's, superbrightleds, V-LEDs (prior to the V3 Triton) & DiodeDynamics best LED bulbs they all had to offer and NONE of them compare to the V3s. Just spreading the word that if you have $100 bucks laying around and want to spend it on awesome bulbs instead of a hooker, then by all means do it.

Question, do you have LED reverse bulbs? I have the R Rev ones now and I was wondering is there anything brighter then those out there that you might know of.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bright-leds-reverse-lights-162933.html?t=162933

^Same ones I'm using that I believe R-Rev has been using as of now. I've had R-Revs previous reverse LEDs but the CREEs are brighter.

I have the older R Rev ones. Might have to upgrade

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Not to be annoying, but can we get videos of these during the day? Preferably a sunny day with the sun facing the side of the car you are filming? In other words, the worst case scenario.

I'd like to see this, too, if it's not asking too much.

So I'm thinking these bulbs might be the solution to my DRL issue. My car, being a second gen, does not have DRLs, but I had gotten used to just always driving around with my lights on. However, I seemed to be going through headlights every couple of months, which started getting really irritating, so I stopped driving with my lights on during the day. I'm thinking a pair of switchbacks might make for a great solution to this problem, but I'm wondering what y'all think because I also feel as though it might look odd having the corner lights lit up like that. I'm not keen on spending $100 on something that might end up looking rather strange.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/classifieds/13033d1204469514-fs-1998-subaru-legacy-outback-limited-wagon-front.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just installed these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006R0XYGY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01]2pcs 31mm 12-SMD 1.25" 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs DE3175 DE3022 DE3021 3175 - White : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

... for the curb lights (whatever you call the ones on the bottom edge of the front doors).

They are slightly brighter than the stock bulbs. My main interest is in reducing power consumption, because I do a lot of car camping.

The price is good ($6 for a pair, and free shipping if you're Amazon Prime), but I wonder how long they will last. Wondering if anyone here has used them for awhile ?

Archived