LegacyGT.com

98 Legacy Gt HID foglights

So I have been trying to find some 3k (yellow) HID foglight kits but I am a bit confused. I read a thread here that said my Legacy GT foglights are H3 not H1, can anyone verify this. Custom Trendz in the thread says he has H3 but I think he is talking about the JDM foglights I have the stock USDM ones.

Here is the thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/legacy-l-hid-fog-light-kits-152022.html

Also does anyone know where I can buy a plug a play kit for my USDM foglights 3k yellow for my GT?

Thanks

So I have been trying to find some 3k (yellow) HID foglight kits but I am a bit confused. I read a thread here that said my Legacy GT foglights are H3 not H1, can anyone verify this. Custom Trendz in the thread says he has H3 but I think he is talking about the JDM foglights I have the stock USDM ones.

Here is the thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/legacy-l-hid-fog-light-kits-152022.html

Also does anyone know where I can buy a plug a play kit for my USDM foglights 3k yellow for my GT?

Thanks

the best way to find out exactly what ur foglight bulb is, is by pulling out the bulb itself. there should be some writing as to what the bulb number is. then ull have ur definate answer

^ This. I had a few instances where I looked up a bulb in the book or online and it was wrong. Just pull the old out and you'll have a definite bulb type.

Also, HID's in the fog's are a much better idea than in the USDM headlight housing. They can be used as additional lighting when needed instead of always having them on and glaring oncoming drivers.

^ This. I had a few instances where I looked up a bulb in the book or online and it was wrong. Just pull the old out and you'll have a definite bulb type.

Also, HID's in the fog's are a much better idea than in the USDM headlight housing. They can be used as additional lighting when needed instead of always having them on and glaring oncoming drivers.

Yea that's y I just yank out whatever is in the car. Books,computers, or other things like that tend to have no clue wtf ur lights really r. I work at advance auto and my computer gets stuff wrong sometimes. Especially bulbs

my issue is that WAY BACK IN THE DAY when I didnt actually care about functionality and was more about looks (yea I was kind of a ricer, THANK GOD I GOT OVER THAT) I had HIDs in the headlights installed... I must say they are HORRIBLE like everyone says, during snow falls forget about it cant see sh*t butttt I am pretty much stuck with them for wire cutting reasons, at this point I could careless to be honest I had these damn things in for 5 years now.

But since I have the HIDs already installed on the headlights I wanted to get the foglights HIDs in yellow. Looking to give my car that blue and yellow front look which I like and the foglights dont really light up ANYTHING to begin with.

I wasnt really looking for the headlight number but the FOGLIGHT number, but you guys have made a good point and I should just pull out a bulb and find out.

I have HID's in my 99LGT with the two piece head light side marker light and I love them. It's a night and day difference and they light up the roads perfectly even in rain and snow. Now my friend has a 97 LGT with the one piece HL and he liked how my HID's worked so he bought the same kit. The HL seem to have a different light projection pattern because his didn't light the road nowhere near how good mine do. His seemed to not have a focused light beam.

I have HID's in my 99LGT with the two piece head light side marker light and I love them. It's a night and day difference and they light up the roads perfectly even in rain and snow. Now my friend has a 97 LGT with the one piece HL and he liked how my HID's worked so he bought the same kit. The HL seem to have a different light projection pattern because his didn't light the road nowhere near how good mine do. His seemed to not have a focused light beam.

try telling ur friend to use some 3m headlight restoration. it worked fukin wonders for my legacy and my brothers audi. heres the before and after on my bros audi.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/kingbiz360/my%2095%20legacy/532232_3373121332957_1289534805_n.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/kingbiz360/my%2095%20legacy/251897_3373123813019_989911371_n.jpg

now keep in mind that original housings and hids dont mix and cause the light to scatter everywhere which can also reduce vision in the dark. look into projector headlights so they can focus the beam to a certain point. look up bg5 headlights or try retrofitting ur original housings.

Archived