LegacyGT.com

Remote Starters...What do you have? Looking to install one.

Wicked

I was going to prewire my remote start today and looking at the tech sheet I realized that you don't need 2 bypass modules but it does make it easier, gives you door/trunk trigger and does locks/disarm.

No you don't need to give up a key.

yes the viper does do GPS tracking if you have a VSM250

The difference between the viper and compustar manual modes are a little different, with the compustar being better.

Viper: (neutral) hit footbrake, pull ebrake, footbrake off, press remote start on remote (or if you have an awesome installer he'll wire you up a button for the activation input, the car will stay running at this time), take the keys out, get out of the car, and lock the doors. This will now shut down the car and complete the "reservation mode" and your car can be remote started at anytime unless you unlock and/or open the door.

Compustar. Pull ebrake, get out of car. shut door and lock. manual reserved.

the compustar brains that do manual mode are the 6000, 6200, and 6300. you can chose any remote kit to go with any of these brains

• 1 month later...
^^What was your total bill? I have exact same car and am considering this as well.

They get $550.00 installed but he did mine for $450.00 installed. When I called around some places wanted $800.00 and I was like :ohhh:

Archived