LegacyGT.com

Heat on the floor and dash vents, but not on the windshield defrost

My 2005 LGT when I have the heater settings split with floor and defrost, after 17 minutes, the defrost blows cold (outside temp) air and the floor blows whatever temp I have it set at. It does this regardless of A/C on or off, only above 70 deg on the temp control, fresh air of recirc air. I checked the coolant tonight, it was topped. When turning the car off, it makes a grinding or gurgling noise behind the area above the radio. I say grinding or gugling because I cant tell if it is a vent door servo or water gurgling. With it taking exactly seventeen minutes every time after starting, it tells me it is a cold air vent door in the diversion box, but I am not sure, does the head control that or maybe the door actuator/servo? Anyone else had this problem? if so, what solved it? Any help is great, thanks.

• 11 months later...
Bump. My car does tis too. The diverter seems to switch between foot and IP vents even though the control is set to foot. When I turn off the car I hear the gurgiling noise. I'm not sure if it's an HVAC control problem or aservo motor issue.

I can't find any regular pattern to the "gurgle" noise. As far as the defrost cooling down after in use, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't use it now that I live in Houston!

;)

Me either. I just know that my roomates' 5 series does the same thing. ...wish I knew more....

Archived