LegacyGT.com

lurching and bucking, two separate issues

Hey guys,

I recently bought an 05 LGT manual. So far I love it. It has some driveability issues though. I believe there are two issues.

The first is that it feels like the engine is twisting up and causing the car to lurch when let out the clutch. Almost like the motor mounts are bad. Do these cars have a history of bad motor mounts? Is this a common thing?

The second issue is a bucking and sruging. This happens when I am already in gear and accelerating or cruising around 2000-2800 RPM. Its a pretty big range, I know. It is more pronounced when cold and the first issue seems to amplify the effects of this one.

Other than that, this car is the bomb.co.uk. What can you tell me about these issues? How do I remedy this?

I had a bucking issue like that and i took it in for a boost leak test , and there was a major boost leak at the throttle body that connects to the intercooler. Once that was fixed , the problm is pretty much gone completely. Once its tuned , it should be gone 100%

Was at dealer for two weeks, they gave me new maf and then claimed the car had bad gas...wat a joke... i took it to ecs performance in ct here, they are a great job who specialze in subies and tuning subies. They did the test and found the large leak and fixed it for me.. for the most part

Also mine will only happen once the car is warm, never when its cold, ever

I am getting this as well... feels like the drivetrain is moving way too much when I let off the gas or get on it suddenly, despite upgrading transmission mount & pitch stop mount... talked to one dealer and they said motor mounts rarely need replacing, but I am going to get a second opinion.

group N transmission mount fixed the "buckling" feeling on my car. stock mounts are pretty soft. think it is one of the best cheap mods for these cars at around $75.

as for the hesitation (which there are a multitude of posts about) try disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU and see if it goes away. a stage 1 reflash mostly fixed it for me.

Archived