LegacyGT.com

'99 Legacy Brighton Wagon Window Trim

Hey guys, I'm looking for the window trim strip that goes above the rear side-window on a 1999 Legacy Brighton wagon (for both sides). I'm not sure what exactly the part is called so I'm having a hard time finding the part number; I was hoping someone here would know what it is. I've seen this part in similar condition (cracked along the length of the trim) on many other Subarus so I know it has to be a common part to replace.

Here's the part in question:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/Bunsincunsin/DSC_4283_zps7a184227.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/Bunsincunsin/DSC_4282_zpsbee513bf.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would love to know more about how to repair this... though I feel like even if we could track the part down, replacing it might not be that simple...?

Actually, I think it would be fairly easy. When you open the rear hatch you can see an end cap on the end of the stainless trim piece - I think you just have to pop that cap off and then the rubber trim strip will slide off and the new one just slides back on.

^Nope. This particular piece is bolted on. When I painted my wagon it was the only trim piece that I didn't take off because of this. To remove it you have to undo the headliner on the interior of the vehicle to access the bolts. If you have a subaru dealership near by you can go down there and they can easily look up the part number for you.

Mine 98 Gt wagon also looked like crap. I peeled of what was left on that trim piece. I cleaned it good with alcohol, And put a single piece of black electrical take over it. It fits perfect.Just over lap it in the front and trim with a razor blade, in the rear you can tuck it around the end. It looks great, and holds up pretty well. If it starts to peel off a new strip is just a 5 minuet job.

Archived