LegacyGT.com

HID for fogs

Have you ever used your 3000k HID's in fog?

Your nice mix of useable light is a nice mix of useable %^# you for other drivers.

I have flood lights, rally lights, fogs, hids in all the reflective housings juicing out an incredible 20million candle power! Even when it's night it looks like day

There is no functional difference between using yellow bulbs or a film over the lens, really.

In my Forester, I used the selective yellow shrouds from Daniel Stern over Navara bulbs. I liked that setup, because I could use common bulbs.

Don't see how that is possible... not going to argue it but it seems like a film is not going to let all light pass through

Posted from SG3

I dunno how everyone's experience is but in all my experience and cars I've had HIDs have always made a huge difference and never "blinded" myself or whatever bac said... I just put 6k in my headlights and 3k in my fogs and it made a huge difference always has.
KMT Tuned

Don't see how that is possible... not going to argue it but it seems like a film is not going to let all light pass through

Posted from SG3

You shouldn't argue it, because I'm right.

Assuming you are going to rock-block the fog lights anyway (which you should), there isn't going to be a noticeable difference between a tinted bulb and tinted film.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I dunno how everyone's experience is but in all my experience and cars I've had HIDs have always made a huge difference and never "blinded" myself or whatever bac said... I just put 6k in my headlights and 3k in my fogs and it made a huge difference always has.

Just because you don't realize it, doesn't make it not happen.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I really dont know how you guys are blinding people with your fogs. Mine are 3000k HID and still only illuminate right in front of the car. I can crouch in front of my car from a distance and still not blind myself. Headlights are a different story, but the car is lowered with a rake so the cutoff is fairly low.

Correction: Claiming to be blinded by the light.

My fogs currently dont work regardless, thanks to the PO's botched HID job. So I cant look cool anymore.

I think I get blinded more by damn SUV's with stock halogen fogs more than anything. They make those f*ckers bright and aim them nice and high.

Just because you don't realize it, doesn't make it not happen.

Maybe so but regardless it's a lot brighter then stock set up and shines alot further so no reason why op shouldn't get HIDs ..serves two purposes looking sweet in a parking lot and driving at night... It's a win win

KMT Tuned

They no longer work as proper fog lights, and they are terrible as driving lights. When driving at night, the last thing you want is more light dumped up close at the front of the car. People that think you do, have no understanding of how the human eye works, or what a difference proper lighting can make. Ignorance of doing things right does not make doing it wrong any better.

It's a lose-lose, despite how cool you think they look in a parking lot.

You can argue all you want, but you are arguing with physics and you are wrong.

Archived