LegacyGT.com

What to replace the Legacy with?

I'm thinking about selling my 2005 Legacy GT, it's been quite good, but I'm thinking that it might be time to explore other options.

Problem is that I wouldn't know what to replace it with.

I ideally would like to go a bit more upscale (I'm coming from a 05 Unlimited so, leather trim, nav w/ media options). AWD would be ideal, but at the same time I'm hoping to get something with better gas mileage (I'm averaging about 19 mpg lately due to a heavy foot :lol:).

I'm open to Manual/Auto and I'd probably be looking for something in the 2009 or newer range, ideally under 28K.

Any thoughts?

I drive a base model 2011 Mini Cooper everyday to work now...I have to say, this car is VERY fun to drive. Change out the skinny tires, add more power, and a manual tranny...this should be a very good car. So I'd say go for the S!

G37 should be good too(no experience with them however), and they come in manual.

Pontiac G8 GT or GXP($$$)?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/11/pontiacg8gxp_abg_01_opt.jpg

Brembos, 430hp LS3, 6 spd manual, rwd, 4dr, nice interior. what else could you ask for!?

My uncle has a GT and it handles VERY well especially considering its pushing 4000 lbs. Dont know about the MPGs though. it has DoD

If i could own just one car, it would be the CTS-V sedan/wagon and this would be a close 2nd.

CTS-V wagon is nice, but I doubt there are any under 30k and still under warranty. 1st gen CTS-Vs were know for grenading diffs, I'd hesitate to own one w/o a warranty.

GXPs are stupid expensive, they are more expensive then they were a year or two ago, and I'm talking the same year and more miles. Their interior is okay, nothing to write home about.

Personally, I'd get a G37s or try to find a modest-mileage Lexus IS-F

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/11/pontiacg8gxp_abg_01_opt.jpg

Brembos, 430hp LS3, 6 spd manual, rwd, 4dr, nice interior. what else could you ask for!?

My uncle has a GT and it handles VERY well especially considering its pushing 4000 lbs. Dont know about the MPGs though. it has DoD

If i could own just one car, it would be the CTS-V sedan/wagon and this would be a close 2nd.

I heard they didn't bother mirror the radio/center console when it was "converted" for US version...

I had a 07 g35 S 5AT until it was totaled. It was great, but if you're concerned about fuel mileage I only got about 17mpg. The g37 has two more gears but don't expect more then 22mpg if you're babying it (but then what's the point?).

Brought to you by Pfizer

Heh, the IS-F is a bit of a stretch. A IS350 seems possible.

I'm actually back in Southern California for the time being, though there is a 30% chance I may end up in CT next year, but who knows. Since it isn't a high probability I won't worry about AWD too much.

I kinda like the new X1 and '13 Escape (awd) oddly enough too.

I'd love a 335xi if I can find one with a good warranty

The G8's are neat, but oddly expensive for what you get nowadays.

CTS-V, I'd want one of the 550 HP models and I don't think I could afford the maintenance on one to be honest. Though insurance on them is oddly cheap (less than the Legacy for some obscure reason).

• I Donated
CTS-V wagon is nice, but I doubt there are any under 30k and still under warranty.

Huh?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=320437580

One of many options on AutoTrader. The wagon was only available starting in 2011. It's hard to find one that's NOT under warranty.

CTS-V, I'd want one of the 550 HP models and I don't think I could afford the maintenance on one to be honest. Though insurance on them is oddly cheap (less than the Legacy for some obscure reason).

Everything I've seen about trouble spots on the second gen CTS-V has been trim things like rattles in the sunroof. Think about it this way -- it's a regular CTS (entry luxury car) with a small-block V8 (tried and true). The problem with the first gen was they just mashed the two together and didn't think about what had to be upgraded for the power levels. The second gen CTS was designed to have a V version from the start.

Probably because the seniors who own them never take them over 30 mph :lol:

(would love a CTS-V wagon, but outta my price range..)

Heh, the IS-F is a bit of a stretch. A IS350 seems possible.

I'm actually back in Southern California for the time being, though there is a 30% chance I may end up in CT next year, but who knows. Since it isn't a high probability I won't worry about AWD too much.

I kinda like the new X1 and '13 Escape (awd) oddly enough too.

I'd love a 335xi if I can find one with a good warranty

The G8's are neat, but oddly expensive for what you get nowadays.

you'd be surprised how cheap the maintenance is ;)

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

You'll only find 04-07 CTS-Vs under 28k. Deals do come up though. A 06 popped up locally, fully loaded for 26k last year. It had 23k miles.

Also, from what I've read, GM basically replaces the rear no questions asked if yours blows up.

Is 4 doors a must have? What about a new Mustang? You can pick up a 2013 for around $28k, or get a lightly used car with better options. I've seen low mile GT Premiums go for right at $30k. If you're concerned about gas mileage, don't get the 3.73 gears.

• I Donated Too
If I lived in Nevada I'd go RWD.

So much potential in those cars too. Exhaust, tune and they make what the LGT makes with a bigger turbo.

335 either i or xi. Tune only can get you an extra 95whp and 120wtq on 93 even more on corn

these guys took the words right outta my mouth. Mother-in-law has a 335i convertible with the TT. I keep trying to get her to tune it. :lol:

I replaced our '05 LGT limited in '09 with a G8GT. I liked almost everything about it better than the LGT, except the lack of a manual trans, and the lack of AWD for winter. It was just as fast stock as my Stg2 LGT, and you didn't have to beat on it to get the most out of it. There's something to be said for mountains of torque. Much roomier and generally nicer to drive. They are also somewhat exclusive at this point, and resale should hold up well (as noted above with the GXP). I hated to get rid of it, but it was my wife's DD, and she hated worrying about snow, and hated driving my truck, so we moved on, but I miss it a lot...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/G8GT/G89-18-10Curbside.jpg

FWIW, I sat in a 2nd gen CTS-V a while back, and it felt smaller inside than the LGT. The rear seat was definitely less roomy... The 2nd gen is much nicer inside than the 1st Gen.

Archived