LegacyGT.com

OC Meet

foghat

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how about a ortega highway run on the second saturday in september? we could meet at the hat (maybe about 7:00 am) and leave from there up to the lookout, have breakfast and drive back. anyone out in the elsinore/temecula side could meet us at the lookout and drive back with us. if we really wanted to make a day of it, we could go from the lookout to polomar mountain and back!!!

I posted this about the Hat Meet in Lake Forest, but nobody bit...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14782

I'm up for a meet!

The one thing i've heard abou the meet @ The Hat is it gets crowded, Subarus and even Evo's, last week was about 40 Cars strong...

hahaha thanks for promoting my meet for me! which guy were you again??

I will be at the hat per usual. i usually go around 7 or 7:30 to round up the newbies but the "regulars" usually dont show till 8 or so. IF i take the legacy you, youll know it s me cause it still says "just married" on the back window haha

~*Victoria*~

I'll be there too, like I have for the last 4 weeks.

glad to see starr "Victoria" finally made it over to LGT.com. Congrats on the new last name, I was wondering why you haven't been at the hat for a while but I guess that explains it .

I really like the idea of an Ortega run this weekend as well. I think I will actually be here this weekend is the good news. I would be good for either this Saturday or Sunday. I would have to be on the road with enough time for me to make it to Pechanga before 10 am so I can gamble. Let me know.

I really like the idea of an Ortega run this weekend as well. I think I will actually be here this weekend is the good news. I would be good for either this Saturday or Sunday. I would have to be on the road with enough time for me to make it to Pechanga before 10 am so I can gamble. Let me know.

I had to go to SanDiego this weekend for work and I decided to take the 74 home, what a pain in the ass! I was stuck behind an old lady with blue hair in a crown victoria, after a few long, slow miles I was free until I found myself behind a gravel truck (or as I like to call them Rock Sprayers). As if that wasn't bad enough I saw two motorcycle cops waiting close to the 5 fwy. I can't see why you would want to subject yourself to this in your free time? I have had some great Ortega runs in the past but construction and over population has put a stop to this!

I ended up taking Ortega twice on Saturday, once around 9 and once around 3. Getting stuck behind that one slow car can ruin the whole run and it will happen just about everytime. Overall it took miles off the drive to Pechanga but it was very annoying getting behind the slow cars for too long. I also saw a group of S2000's making a run through. The cops don't wait on the fun part of ortega though, they are hiding in the double fine zone right by the houses afterwards, so watch out for that. I'll probably be making that drive at least twice a month on Saturdays just for saving miles going to gamble.

Archived