LegacyGT.com

2005 legacy gt center differential rebuild, info needed.

EJ25subie05

i have a 2005 lgt 5 speed manual and i am looking at rebuilding the center differential. i have done a lot of research asked many people, even found diy rebuilds for the automatic transmissions but nothing for the manual trans.

i am hoping there are some people on here that can share some information for myself and a couple of my buddies that are having issues with there center differentials as well.

i would like to know are there special tools needed to rebuild the center differential, what parts should be ordered when rebuilding one (part numbers would be great) i have also seen bearing upgrades from needle bearings to a solid wring pin type bearing for worry free launching, is that for auto only??? anything that i need to be aware of when doing one of these? i have many tools available, i work in a shop and my dad can also help who is a diesel tech so i know how to turn a wrench but HAVE never done a trans yet.

if someone has pictures of rebuilding one please post them up, i am not the only one who has these questions. i know of a few others that can't find any information for what is needed or what to buy.

i appreciate any help. thanks

Archived