LegacyGT.com

Does anyone have experience with Wilwood brakes?

Rester5350

It is a full set of front and rear calipers, rotors, pads and mounting brackets for the front. The parts are coming from a legacy so I dont think I will have any problems with them fitting my Ob. The only extras I will need are ss lines and brake fluid, I hope.

Dodge Durango - Wilwood BBK

OBXT - LGT BBK

LGT - Stoptech BBK

Wilwood is a major improvement from stock.

Stoptech is an entire different UNIVERSE than stock.

Yeah my Stock OBXT brakes leave something to be desired. Have you had to rebuild or do any maintenance on the Wilwoods, also what fluid are you using and how often are you changing it out? I read somewhere about aftermarket fluids holding water or moisture settling in the calipers?

The stock OBXT brakes are completely unsatisfactory for a stage 2+ car. They are PASSABLE oem OBXT. The are probably adequate for 2.5i (never driven one :iam:)

The oem Durango brakes were having issues. I was getting cracked ceramic spacers. Tried a all stainless OEM replacement aftermarket and it started CATCHING. Was scary. Anyhow, after repeatedly replacing the OEM crap to tow near the maximum towing capacity its suppose to be able to tow I got fed up. Here is my install thread.

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150929

Now I have several CRAZY trips in the Durango on the Wilwoods. Up into the snow towing the Airstream. Going down the great granite mountains of Yosemite. Santa Monica Mountains. San Gabriel Mountains. Grapevine...

Yeah the Wilwoods have taken it all. Additionally, OEM brakes would barely stop the airstream from 50mph and it would take a loooooooooong time. The Wilwoods will lock up if I really want them to after 3 stops from 50 without trailer brakes. The rebuild kids are not expensive anyhow. Its also nice to have racing style brake pad swaps :lol:

I would say stopping 10,000lbs from 50 is just as hard as stopping your OBXT from 100. :wub:

Archived