LegacyGT.com

stereo swap

specialB

Yes, search harder, you will need another wiring harness you can get from a member I forget his username and website, try searching p204-uh look in the interior audio subforum
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Yes I just did this last week. The Harness for AUX input can be had through member - SVXdc

You get the stereo from the junk yard? How much the whole job cost you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I paid about $300 for the stereo from a local junk yard a couple of years ago. You can probably get them for less now.

Can't remember what SVXdc charged for the aux-in connector.

Some people have gone as far as to retrofit the center console with the aux-in built in, I just hung a 1/8" stereo jack out from the side.

• I Donated
They can go for anywhere from $200 and up. I got mine for a great deal with the SVX harness for $175. I replaced it myself. Took about 10-15 minutes.

That was the stereo from my Spec.B (I sold it to muajg, who sold it to AkumaMax). I previously had the P-204UH that is now in my Spec.B in my 05. Everything is plug-and-play; you just need the SVXdc aux adapter for the aux input to work (I used the stereo without the aux input for about a year before I bought the aux adapter). The P-204UH came in all Legacy Limited models (2.5i and 2.5GT) in 07-08; 09 had the P-206UH, which AFAIK only works with the Harmon-Kardon system. The P-204UN was for use with manual HVAC controls, and also will not work. You can also use something through the satellite radio port, such as the Subaru OEM iPod adapter or an iSimple Gateway, to play external sources through the stereo. I have an iSimple Gateway with the BT adapter for my phone, and an old iPod that stays in my glovebox 24/7.

Archived