LegacyGT.com

Heater not getting hot???

I took my LGT into the dealers for a similar problem with very low heat output on the floor on both sides of the cabin, and the dealer just said "they all do that". I got in there tonight and pulled out the protector panels that cover the electrics and stuff at the back of the foot wells, and now I have toasty feet again. It looks like the panels are a loose fit and divert the hot air behind themselves instead of on to your feet, although the heat output opening is still smaller than on other cars - even my 20 year old pick up has bigger heater vents than the LGT.

All you have to do is remove 3 pop connectors on each side where the dash stops above the footwell, and pull out the panels. If that doesn't solve the problem, they are easy enough to re-fit tidily. And there's no danger of your feet bumping the electrics that the panels are supposed to protect, they are all buried way deep in the footwells at the very back.

I got in there tonight and pulled out the protector panels that cover the electrics and stuff at the back of the foot wells, and now I have toasty feet again.

Oooh, I wonder if this will work in a 4th gen - I will give it a shot. I can't believe how little air comes out from the floor vents as it is. And winter is coming!

Thanks!

Eric

Archived