LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs. Dodge 300C Hemi

staight line against a stock LGT (even with exhaust) the 300C will pull by 75 mph. after that, find some nice canyon twisties and ask for a rematch. just tell you sister not to spin out trying to keep up!

I like the 300C especially the SRT8, badass car.

That's if you can find one. I asked the local Dodge/Chrysler dealership, and all of the SRT8s (Magnum, Charger and 300C) are pre-sold for the next few months! At least in these parts.

Guest *Jedimaster*
AWD is optional and only recently available- hers may be RWD, so if she launches and spins the tires or even better smokes them, you're golden :D

Sort of off the topic but not really its about a Magnum (same car different front and rear) . My friend's dad has one and he had it fopr the weekend and i took him from a roll from 45 to 110. I think it was a fluke and the engine was still tighter then mine was, we were both just over the 1k mark. We did it a few weeks after but he was puling away from me pretty hard, but I was kind of sick and my car didn't feel like it was running at 100% but reguardless I would have been bringing up the rear anyway.

Now the road the house we were going to has lots of twists and turns on it and we played a little follow the leader the limit was 25mph BTW. I was following for the first part and was keeping at his pace without any real strain doing 70mph. There is a straight at about a half way point and the gap started with a full throttle 90 degree turn from a stop sign where he tried to do the same and fishtailed badly, but I'm such a nice guy that i let him get back on track and the gap just kept getting bigger.

Basicly its a car with some big balls on straight roads but gets suddenly nutered in curves.

What are we stock?

And I now have exhaust. if that helps

But they are such a big car....

If you are a MT and a really risky awesome driver, Automobile Mag got one to run 5.3 and 13.9. But no one is going to dump their clutch that hard, it is just stupid. So I would say for any normal person lauching nice 5.4-5.7 0-60 and 6.1-6.4 for and auto

The exhaust won't do you any good really. 5HP tops.

You need probably Stage I for an MT and stage II for an auto to wipe up one of those 300c's

AWD is optional and only recently available- hers may be RWD, so if she launches and spins the tires or even better smokes them, you're golden :D

I've driven the Charger R/T (which is the lightest of the cars with the Hemi) and you can't smoke the tires at launch by just hammering the throttle.

Surprisingly even with the traction control off, you get very little wheelspin.

But I did have 3 people in the car and the car only had 19 miles on it.

And so you know, Car and Driver originally got 5.3 0-60 and 13.8 1/4 in that car, but like the Forester XT, nobody has ever been able to duplicate those numbers (that I've seen) with that car, even C&D themselves.

They had a "ringer" in that first test.

All tests now, and even cars I've seen at the strip, are getting low to mid 14's, but trapping about 2+ mph faster than stock LGT's (or about what a Stage 1 LGT traps at).

The 300C is also the heaviest of the Hemi cars.

You should get your sister off the line, but end the race by 100 mph if you want to be ahead.

From a roll, again, it'll be close at the lower speeds, but she'll pull on you as speeds climb.

It all depends on how much you are willing to abuse your car. I live at 7000 ft so you have to subtract about a second on the 1/4 times, and when I was stock I was beating cars that were hitting mid 14's, but I beat the piss out car. I would say you should have no problem if you are willing to lauch high and power shift.

Archived