LegacyGT.com

will '09 OEM Radio Fit '05 Radio?

LegacyGTurbo

Hi all, i've done some researching and couldn't find an answer. I even checked the "05 Legacy Audio FAQ Compiled from board" and still couldn't find what im looking for.

Question is simple.

Will a '09 OEM radio fit into a '05 radio with auto climate control?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. I have a similar query with a slight difference-I'm in the UK, so our models are slightly different and models change here at different times to the US. I have a 2008 MY Legacy 2.5 SEn, which I think uses the same HU as the 2008 US cars but I gather that for your 2009 models Subaru started fitting Harman Kardon amplifiers and speakers to the 2008 HU. We didn't get that upgrade in the UK, until the completely new model was introduced, so I'm looking into whether I could get it done over here, as I want to improve the sound I get but want to retain the original HU for appearance sake.

Does anyone know whether this can be done, or indeed whether it would be much of an improvement. If it can be done and is worthwhile it would be my preferred option at least as far as the amp is concerned-I suppose if the amps can be swapped, speakers shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Keith

Archived