LegacyGT.com

You want a good Leather Conditioner?

What you absolutely need is the cleaner, conditioner, applicator, and towel to buff it off. That brush would be nice, but we don't really have the type of leather it would benefit. If I hadn't just bought this kit then I might have refilled my Leatherique. I like the Wolfgang kit because of everything else that you get. It's more than just leather care. It will treat the dash, doors, and carpets. It gives you a little higher quality of microfiber towel (I only use Viper towels under the hood because that is all I feel they are good for) and it gives you a nice vent brush too. The bottles may not be as big as the Leatherique bottles, but I still feel the value is there. I can get 16 ounces to stretch on just my personal car for almost a year with monthly application. I think the extras in that kit make the little bit higher cost compared to Leatherique worth it. I bought mine from PremiumAutoCare.com since we get a 10% discount. It's the exact same kit that AutoGeek offers.

I'm not saying that either one is best, but as long as you are getting something to care for your interior, you might as well care for all of your interior and not just the leather. Leatherique is on my list of products to refill, but for now I have been so satisfied with Wolfgang that I haven't felt the need to go back to Leatherique. You won't regret your choice either way though. Both have great leather care products.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Spinneybeck...very, very happy with it. I've been sort of scared to try Leatherique because I've heard of a few horror stories...at least with Nappa leather (which I have in my M3)...Spinneybeck is the best leather conditioner I have used up to date. It is supposed to be a cleaner and conditioner but sometimes I will use the Lexol leather cleaner first with a soft brush and towel .

http://www.leatherz.com/Merchant2/art/carekit.jpg

• 2 months later...
I was searching the site for leather care / cleaning products and found this thread. I have the taupe interior, and saw that Leatherique comes in different colors. I think beige is the closest to my interior. What color of leatherique have you guys bought? Thanks.

As far as I know Leatherique leather conditioner is not color specific. Leatherique leather restoration requires a sample of your leather sent to them so they can send you the color you need. It is only for serious repair issues like cracks and tears. Not something we need on new leather.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived