LegacyGT.com

Abs light on after bearing swap ---help

a93x

I doubt its the sensor, or it would most likely be doing it all the time as sonn as you start driving. I still say that probably a faulty magnet ring in the hub is you issue. (nothing against Moog i know people have had good success with them) However, if you do get an abs sensor don't get it from Advance Auto they are ripping people off right now (which is odd because they are usually the cheapest), i would purchase one through rock auto or maybe Amazon prime. Cost about $50 bucks for a rear. But again it looks more like the hub is your problem to me. I would try another hub ( possible a TIMKEN ) and see if you problem is still there. If it still is then you should get an ABS sensor. Sorry to here that man i know it sucks but they are making very crappy parts these days usually some how from China re-boxed.

I figured it would be the hub since I never had the problem until I installed it. I've noticed it seems to come on when going at a steady speed of 40-50. I need rear brakes, so I might as well get the OEM bearing and call it a day.

Correction just bought a Timken, using Amazon prime cost was a very cheap $81 shipped! They are supposed to be close to OEM quality, reading other post on LGT (here) they seem very sound and good quality too. i will report back on the CC function. Also i read that SKF is supposed to be a very good bearing maker and is an OEM manufacture for Subaru's bearings. They are also painted black on the end of the hub just like the Subaru ones are. So, those are two other options if you cant get a OEM one from Subaru.

I did this same thing a few weeks ago. Hard to argue the price and having it shipped to the door. No issues since I installed it.

Archived