LegacyGT.com

Green Test Connectors Codes thown for 1998 Legacy GT

Here are the test codes that are thrown when the Green Test connectors under the dash are connected

on a 1998 Legacy GT 2.5L.

None of these codes are real problems.

When the Green Test Connectors are disconnected they disappear.

P0130

P0136

P0500

P1100

P1101

P1120

P1121

P1540

You can look up what these are, but dont be scared it doesnt mean your car has all these problems.

All these codes went away for me once I disconnected the Green Test Connectors, and I didnt even have any other codes and no Check Engine Light

I think this may help some people in future who are confused by these codes and the Green Test Connectors.

On the first gen the green connectors give you the codes for the 'running problems'. From what I understand they are the codes that the ecu is giving while the engine is running and are not necessarily stored codes. If the same codes are given for a certain number of cycles then they become stored codes and give you a CEL. It's worth at least looking up what they are and mean just in case you can catch something early. But I'm not an expert so take what I post with a grain of salt.

I saw someone on Outback forum had the exact same codes when he put the test connectors together.

So it's probably not a coincidence ?

Or he has the exact same problems as me ... Ha ...

His codes went away too when he disconnected the connectors.

Maybe other owners test it too and see what you get.

Archived