LegacyGT.com

Pouring Oil Leak! massive. biggest leak i have even seen

Some of you know i sold a green auto gt wagon to a buddy awhile ago. yesterday i saw him filling up with gas as i passed to head home, bout 5 miles right. get home,blah blah blah raman noodles, get a call.

his dads freaking cause the car smelt of burning oil of high hell. im like shit, is the oil filter loose? they think its the headgasket(brillant people really)

i get over there and some how he lost nearly all his oil from the gas station to bout 2 miles past mine. the under stand of the rear bump is wet with oil along with the whole car. and the timing covers are are at a near constant drip!

so i have them toss in 2-3 quarts and drive to my house. smoke is pouring out the back from the headers.

any idea where and how a leak this massive can be from behind the timing belt covers. i know cam seals and oil pump but holy **** how can you lose 4 quarts of oil in 8 miles?

buddy, not close friend.. they are lucky i care to help them with the car, if they wanna get mad they can call a tow truck and get the car the **** out of here. they know better then that to pissed off the guy giving them free labor.

to made things better i had all the numbers and such to order oem parts online and next day shipping and he cheaped out and decided he wanted to just order them from the local part store. saved 40 bucks and getting random ass seals. what ever.

my son's 95 did that at 208k, about 40k after the last timing belt change. but i can't remember what all was done with the belt.

so i re-did all seals, water pump and belt. threw in valve cover gaskets and new plugs and sold it.

i may stick some rtv in there with the seal on the outside bore to help hold it in. i did the headgaskets on this car about 6 thousand ago and no i didnt replace the cam seals at the time..

how do you take the oil seal out? im tempted to leave it as i dont wanna remove the oil pump if i cant get it out like it is.

the pics were of the cam seals, correct?

a pick tool or small screwdriver or a real seal removal tool is good for removing old seals.

the crank seal is mounted in the oil pump. the oil pump ''surrounds'' the crank shaft and bolts to the block.

when was the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, idlers replaced?

how do you take the oil seal out? im tempted to leave it as i dont wanna remove the oil pump if i cant get it out like it is.

i don't understand.

before i bought the car. at 200k, then the hg blew, i bought it, did the job, sold it.

and do you have to remove the oil pump to get the seal out or can you just pick at it alot to get it. i removed the cam seal by loosening the cam caps.

if i have to remove the pump i wont do the crank seal..

Archived