LegacyGT.com

installing a Gimmick lightweight pulley

http://www.gimmickmotorsports.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5

This coming weekend I'll be doing the timing belt swap and while I'm at it I'm going to be throwing Gimmicks pulley on. I bought the pulley used and there is no instructions with the pulley.

I just wanted to see if anyone had put this on and how they did it since there is no bolt threads in the pulley to use like an install tool or other crafty ideas I've seen on here.

I have a 5mt so I'm thinking putting it in gear plus the emer brake pulled it should hold while torquing.

Oh, what torque does this pulley go to? I know other aluminum pulleys are set at like 94-96 ft lbs, stock is 120.

put it in 5th gear and hand brake up

then you should be able to break the bolt loose and torque it down too. eh there been some debate on torque specs. i've ran the 96ft-lb for over a year without a problem. some say thats not enough at all. so i torque it down to 120. it's aluminum thats why it says 94

also measure the belt deflection (twist it) on the longest part. this helps to get close to correct belt tension

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Just installed an Agency Power Lightweight Pulley. I torqed to 93ft/lb. Bumping the starter works great to break the bolt free from the old one. I even gave it an extra crank and it backed the bolt out most of the way.

Archived