LegacyGT.com

GT's - different specs for different countries

PS: I'm sure all the engines have a lot in reserve. Remeber when they were getting 1200hp out of a 1.8 turbo in F1 in the early 90's:D .

Shame on you ! That was mid 1980's and 1600 HP from 4 cyl 1.6 L engines ! And they also changed the engines freely...several times a week-end...unlike the 2 races per engine like today. Early 1990's had 3.5 L V12s - Ferrari, Lamborghini, 3.5 L V10s Honda, Renault, 3.5 L V8s Hart, Ford, Yamaha...

hah, when I was typing that I was racking my brain to place the era - I am obviously older than I think :p I was thinking there was no way that could have been the 80's

You are right they were not 1.8's they were in fact 1.5's (slip of the keyboard there) as the rules allowed for up to 1500cc turbo's and 3,000cc normally aspirated engines. There has always been a lot a HP numbers bandied around for those cars. 1500 -1600 at the top end - perhaps measured at the crank. More commonly the claims for top engines (TAG, BMW, Honda) was around 1200+ in qualifying trim and normally less than 1000 in race trim- at the wheels.

In any case our 2.0 and 2.5 250hp engines should have some room for improvement...lol

• 15 years later...

Hi everyone...

2006 Subaru Legacy GT - b Si, Wagon

Cant find exact specs anywhere and I've looked...

Its imported from Japan & was apparently only released to the Japanese Market... First Registered in Japan Dec 2006 ...

It has a 2 litre boxer motor with a IHI VF38 Twin Scroll Subaru turbo..

I think its a Limited Edition, just because it has larger ventilated brakes, Paddle changers, Mac 6 Speaker Stereo, Twin Sun Roof, & a full Body Kit. Which all appears to be Factory Original ...

Oh yeah Turns out I have a blown Twin Scroll Turbo..

See my other Post...