LegacyGT.com

Banjo bolt inspection near DC?

z28dreams

Anyone near the DC Metro area care to help me with this?

Before winter comes I'd like to inspect the banjo bolt on my 2005 Legacy GT, and remove the screen as necessary.

I have a limited amount of tools and knowledge, and was hoping someone that's done this before could walk me through it.

Thanks!

-Z

I'm such a noob on forums...

have no idea how anything on here works, dont know how to post and etc...

I am looking to remove my banjo bolts as I just blew a brand new oem turbo after 2,000 miles on it... smokes and jangles like no other!

I cant find out where all of them are and how to remove them, I would like to do it myself if anyone can actually show the locations of all three!

z28dreams, are you looking to just clean or remove? I would help but im on the west coast and my cars inop :/

• I Donated
Anyone near the DC Metro area care to help me with this?

Before winter comes I'd like to inspect the banjo bolt on my 2005 Legacy GT, and remove the screen as necessary.

I have a limited amount of tools and knowledge, and was hoping someone that's done this before could walk me through it.

Thanks!

-Z

It's a pretty involved process. You have to remove the DP, and it's certainly easier with the turbo removed.

I'm such a noob on forums...

have no idea how anything on here works, dont know how to post and etc...

I am looking to remove my banjo bolts as I just blew a brand new oem turbo after 2,000 miles on it... smokes and jangles like no other!

I cant find out where all of them are and how to remove them, I would like to do it myself if anyone can actually show the locations of all three!

z28dreams, are you looking to just clean or remove? I would help but im on the west coast and my cars inop :/

You can't remove the banjo bolts or you'll lose all your oil in about 10 seconds. You can remove the filters. Chances are, if you blew two turbos, the banjo bolt filters are the least of your worries. You need to clean or ideally replace the oil cooler and a number of other things, too.

• I Donated
What else might be the issue? I want to get this done this weekend, I have another turbo and yes I wanted to remove the filters at least the passengers side for now. do you have any other recommendations?

Search for the "blown VF40" thread. There are a number of recommendations in there, IIRC.

Archived