LegacyGT.com

Best sized tyre option for 18 x 8

LegacyDan

So my Vredsteins are at the end of their life, they are 235/40/18 but the rub on the arch liner on full lock, so i was thinking of dropping down to 225/40/18. is this the best size for an 18x8 inch rim or am i better off sticking with 235's?

Thanks

Dan

245/35/18 is closest to stock overall diameter.

hmmm i wouldn't say there would be too much comfort in the 35 profile ones, roads a bad enough around here! there is some difference in price too between the 225/40 and the 245/35! $470 vs $800!

^there is only a 5mm difference between those 2 sidewall heights of the sizes you listed. not so much difference in comfort. plus the 245 will protect the rim better than the 225 since the rubber sticks out past the rim more. price though, i agree with you. 245 wide choices are alot more $$$

i would go wider if i could but the rubbing issue is putting me off. i found a set of 225/40/18 locally pretty cheap, ill see if he has the 245/35 and if he thinks they will fit with no issues, i dont think they will though.

Thanks for the advice

if your rim is +48, it will fit with just a very minor fender roll, if at all, and -1.5 camber all around. on stock suspension, my 245/40/17 fits with no issue on a 17x8 +48 rim.

strange. On my Legacy BL Im using 8J +45 on stock blistein suspension with tires 225 40 18. No fender roll needed

Archived