LegacyGT.com

Import to the US question

banshee

This is actually a post purchase question. I have a UK spec 3.0RB, prior to purchasing it I did some research on whether it could be imported into the US. Everything looked good except a few minor DIY changes. I just talked to the people who ship the vehicles for the US Military, they tell me I must go through a Registered Importer. I contacted a RI in WA state, she gave me a lot of info, but the bottom line from her is it could cost me over $9k to import the car back to the US. If this is true, I am gutting the 6 speed and dropping it into my broke WRX.

Is there anyone on this site who has already imported a non-US spec suby into the states, in so please give me the real deal.

I'm sure you've already visited this site for specifics. If you're going to strip it down, then the military will ship the parts with your HHGs. The other thing, if you're going to go the "strip" route, is to have the military ship it back for you, with the import provision that it's only to "race" and then strip it down here and dispose of the rest. Just a worst-case thought

However it works out, GLWI.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived