LegacyGT.com

Smoke on startup after autox

Two weeks ago I took my car to an autox event. Everything went fine until I went to leave. When I started the car it let out a pretty decent cloud of oil smoke. It lasted about 20 seconds and then stopped. I drove the car home and checked the oil level and it was fine. I let the car sit for a while and started it again and it didn't smoke at all. I drove it to and from work all week checking the oil everyday and checked for smoke everytime I started it but it was fine.

I went to another autox on Sunday and it did the same thing. It never smoked when I turned it off and restarted it between runs, just when it had been sitting for about half an hour or more not running. I would usually start it a minute or two before my run, do my run, let it idle for a minute or two after then shut it off. I did 7 runs that way with no issues. After it was over I drove about 45 minutes home and let the car sit for a little over an hour in the driveway. When I started it it didn't smoke at all. I tried taking it down some back roads trying to get it to smoke again but the only time it does it is after autox

I have a catless up, gutted stock downpipe, and Cobb stage 2 map. The turbo and head gasket were replaced right before i got the car just over 10,000 miles ago. I just hit 90,000 miles on Sunday. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I called my mechanic and talked to a few people at autox and nobody has any idea what it could be.

After turning heavily ill bet there is alot of oil sitting in the inlet from the breathers. Once you shut it off the oil deposits settle than one you start it up they get sucked in the motor.

After turning heavily ill bet there is alot of oil sitting in the inlet from the breathers. Once you shut it off the oil deposits settle than one you start it up they get sucked in the motor.

I was thinking it might be something like this. Would a catch can/aos help?

Archived