LegacyGT.com

Help Me Diagnose My Idle Woes

Wonder_Boy

2005 GT 5EAT. 145,000 miles. I only have an AP, was stage 1 for 3,000 miles, full Invidia Cat-less DP and CBE for 250 miles. about 5,000 miles ago, I had some rough idle and took it to Subaru. they ran a full inspection and said my spark plugs were too short. the problem went away, and I rode the car for 40 miles, 5 days a week, to and from work all summer. nothing strange about the car, went stage one around 143000 half way through the summer. two days ago I went stage 2 with the Cobb 93 and the Dp. The car ran awesome and felt great!

Fast Forward to this afternoon. I was on my way home from class and got on it alittle, no WOT just enough to get up to boost and get the feel of the new power. I came to a stop sign and felt the car get shakey, almost died (down to 200 RPMs) and had roughness in cyl 4, around 10 counts on the AP while sitting. once the car got up to speed it goes away.

Now, i did check the line on the BPV and its all strong, but it was too warm to take the TMIC off the car to check the blue T-Fitting under it to see if it was disconnected as it seems like the car has a vacuum leak. (If anybody has a photo of what this looks like I'd greatly appreciate it) Does anybody have some ideas as what to check or see if I should try fresh plugs or coil packs? I can also log some data at idle and post it up (I'm not sure if I'm comfortable trying to go 2k-redline as-is)

Clean your MAF sensor, it's located just after the air filter, 2 screws hold it in, they sell special MAF cleaner or get non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner, won't eat the plastic, there is a IAT and a MAF sensor in there, the little "Bulb" is the IAT, gently with a Q-tip and the said solvent, clean 'er all up, don't forget the "O" ring under the sensor, and ensure your air filter is assembled correctly. Hope that helped!

Mac

Alright, I cleaned the MAF and corrision on the battery leads. The car started, went up to 2k RPM momentarily, which seems alittle high, but then went down to 1,500 and ran decently smooth as it got down to 1000 RPM. The AP didnt show any roughness in the cylinders but did have a few tiny shakes that seem to be part of the car. I did log the start up so if anybody wants to take a look and see if anything is out of spec, I'd greatly appreciate it.

This log is start, idle, then backing up and moving the car about 7-10 ft

Thanks

datalog2.csv

one would think Subaru would run a higher psi of air in the lines during test to see what it can hold and leave plenty of room between max holding pressure and stock boost levels.

but then we'd only have soapy intercoolers to worry about I suppose :rolleyes:

Archived