LegacyGT.com

09 legacy radio/heating controls

legacyduane

No, it's a totally different HVAC system.

It's funny, many people with the electronic controls would rather have the manual since they can easily upgrade the stereo. But no, there's no swapping them around.

The manual controls use cables to operate the air mix and air direction actuators whereas the electronic system uses electronic actuators. The electronic system is also dual-zone.

No, it's a totally different HVAC system.

It's funny, many people with the electronic controls would rather have the manual since they can easily upgrade the stereo. But no, there's no swapping them around.

The manual controls use cables to operate the air mix and air direction actuators whereas the electronic system uses electronic actuators. The electronic system is also dual-zone.

That's true. Anyway it can be done but you must swap the entire HVAC system. Even if you find doner parts it will cost easily $1000 and that is not including the 08 radio witch is nearly impossible to find used and even if you do they are usually around $400 just for that. Then you would have to do all of the wiring for it to work and that in itself will make you want to shoot yourself. The main problem with all of this is that the manual is a single climate where the Auto is a dual climate. getting that to work properly is a P.I.T.A. as well. All in all if you got the money then by all means it can be done. Is it practical? No not really but that's up to you. I'm in the process of doing a Paddle shifter swap from an 08 and that is a disaster in itself. I have about 85% of the parts and I went a cheap route and I'm already around $450. But I wanted to do it for me and to show people it can be done. Would be cool for a lot of people if this were to be done but its a lot of work. Good luck if you do.

Archived